How to Setup Susurate and Organisation Targets
Super admins can set up targets for the organisation's initiatives to outline the goal of the programs and what it tries to achieve within a certain timeframe.
This is important since the targets will let the users know how the initiatives are doing.
Take note, however, that the organisation needs to be linked to the initiative first. If you're not sure how to do that, kindly check out the guide linked here.
How to Set an Initiative Target
To set up a target for an initiative, follow these steps:
1. Within the Susurate feature, go to the Initiative page and select the initiative that you would like to set a target for.
2. Within the Summary page of the selected initiative, click the tickbox to show the indicators as a table.
3. Then, click on the Initiative target button for the indicator you would like to set a target for.
4. On the next page, enter the target or estimate and click the Update target button.
5. Now, when a user reports on the initiative, the next columns will update as well and show the reported aggregate and projected aggregate from all organisations linked to that initiative.
6. When creating a graph to see how the indicators are doing overtime, you can also show the targets within the graph itself by clicking on the Show targets option below the chart types.
How to Set Target Periods for Initiatives
The initiative feature allows you to set target periods for the initiative which enables you to track program that run for several target periods and in so doing you are able to track impact or the program's achievement over a period of time.
This feature allows users to track impact over the life of the project allowing users to collect comparable data that will showcase the reach and impact of the programme and how that relates to the initial objective of the program to begin with.
To set a target period create an initiative and indicate the number of target periods needed for the initiative.
This guide gives insight on how to create an initiative
Once the initiative has been created you will need to edit the initiative to add the target periods.
Setting the target period will create the reporting period for you and you need to edit the initiative to capture the actual targets of your initiative.
Targets can be transferred to the next reporting period, or you can leave the target as unchanged if there is no anticipated change.
What happens if there are different indicator targets?
Programs might sometimes have different indicators targets, meaning that the initiative target cannot be applied as a blanket percentage increase on each target period. If you have different indicator targets, you will need to manually add the targets for those targets to the required indicators.
Ways to do this:
- Change all target to increase by 10% for the next period, if you do this from the x page, the update applies the target adjustment to all indicators, then you can go in and adjust each of the targets for the indicators
- Or do not run the change from the x page, but do it from each indicator, individually
Why might this be helpful? Blank targets are not helpful and then you’ll mostly likely have a target or budget for each of the indicators.
How to Clone Target Periods
Target periods can be cloned backwards or forwards, doing so will create an identical reporting period as the one set before. However take note of the dates which might change depending on the length of a particular year.
If the dates are not falling within the required reporting period, you can adjust the dates, by clicking “Adjust dates” next to the reporting period
How to Merge Target Periods
In Susurate target periods can be merged with the next period or with the previous one. Why is this important? The reporting period of your program may need to run for a longer period than intended eg Training initially planned to run over 12 months can be extended to 18 months to accommodate a change that was not anticipated.
This functionality also enables you to delete a target period that is no longer needed. For this you will need to take into consideration the target dates and adjust them accordingly
Splitting Target Periods
In the event that you would like to analyse specific data on the reporting period, you are able to select the specific initiative period for this analysis and split it from the normal target period.
How to Set an Organisation Target
As you might have noticed while setting an initiative target, the column next to it is the target aggregate from all the organisations linked to the initiative.
If you like, you could also set it directly from the Susurate feature.
1. Simply click on the Organisation target aggregate button for an indicator.
2. Once you do that, you will be able to see a table that lists out all the organisations linked to the initiative as well as the target per month and initiative target.
You only need to fill out the Target per month and the initiative target will automatically calculate. Click on the Submit button to save the changes.
3. What you set here will also reflect on the organisation profile. You can also set or change the target from there.
Go to Organisations and click on the organisation you would like to set targets for. Again, this organisation needs to be linked to the initiative before you are able to set the targets for it.
4. Any organisation targets set in the Susurate feature will also reflect here (as you can see from the sample indicator example used earlier).
To set or change the target for an initiative, simply click on that specific target.
5. Enter your target or estimate for the entire initiative duration (not the monthly target) and click the Update target button.
6. If you go back to the Susurate feature, you will see that the organisation target for that organisation you changed has also been updated here.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We apprciate your effort and will try to fix the article