Lock Out Access Setup
- Learn the basics of the Lock Out Access Feature
- Learn how to set up Lock Out Access
- Know what users see when they are locked out
The Lock Out Access Feature prevents users who fit the rules set up super administrators from accessing your platform. This ensures your programme processes running on The Social Collective are loop-hole free. Access is blocked with a custom warning notification.
As the super administrator, you have the capability to block users access on your platform to maintain high standards of security. You can read more about the feature here.
Here are important reasons why this feature is important:
- To control user activity and/or limit the time granted on the portal
- Hours achieved is the main rule or condition upon which you can set block out rule. You can warn users about this by setting up notification after signing in (read more on that here).
Setting Up Lock Out Access
Access the Setup Panel of your platform by clicking [Settings] at the left-hand sidebar.
Scroll down to "System Settings" and select "Security Controls".
Then, you'll see a section labelled "Lock Out Rules" where the feature is controlled.
There are four parts you should know of:
- The rule
Currently, the only rule available is "Hours volunteered by the user this year".
- is at least
- is at most
- is less than
- is greater than
- doesn't equal
- Number input
- Input the number of hours to complete the rule.
- Message to display to user
- A custom text message as notice to the user
Note: For further rules and conditions, contact email@example.com.
What Users See
Let us say you set a condition to block out a profile with:
- Hours volunteered by user this year
- Is at least
- 7 hours
If the user's profile matches the set conditions, the user will get a message like the one below when they attempt to login. They will not be able to go any further on the portal.