Share an Experience with a Story
Contribute by telling your community a story
- Learn about stories
- Learn what qualifies as a story
- Learn how to share a story
The Stories feature is an important tool you can use to share real-world experiences from the opportunities you participated. It allows platform users and new volunteers to read about the things that happen at opportunities.
This is a helpful tool for developing Public Relations, marketing, and journalism skills.
What qualifies as a story?
- Short stories or status updates about an opportunity.
- Description of a personal experience about an opportunity.
- External links about your opportunity being featured in newspapers, magazines, or websites. Add the link of the feed along with a sentence or two describing it.
- Creative art or medium. Share your story in a way that shows the world what volunteering looks and feels like.
Note: Stories are not reports. If you want to know how to complete a report after an opportunity, click here.
How to share a story?
First, click Stories on the left-hand sidebar.
Click Stories on the left-hand sidebar to access the Stories page.
Write your story on the form provided. You can also add images by click the [+ Select file] box.
Click Select file to upload images.
Then, click the [Share now] box.
Click Share now to submit your story.
Congratulations! Your story is now in moderation. Once approved, your story goes live.