User Goals: Volunteer Hours
- Learn the basics of gamification
- Learn how to change your hourly goal at the setup panel
- Learn how this setting affects user profiles
- Learn the recommended hourly goal
The Social Collective offers a gamification feature that allows you to set a goal for how many hours your users need to volunteer. An essential part of motivating your volunteers or network is to create a benchmark. You can set this up from your Setup Panel.
Changing Your Goal
To change the goal, head up to the Setup Panel by clicking [Settings] at the left-hand sidebar.
Note: Only super administrators can accept the Setup Panel
Select "Gamification" under Usage and Account.
You'll then see 2 settings:
- Click the slider to display the goal on user profiles and on your platform
- Input the number of hours you want as a goal for your network
Effect on User Profiles
You will see the goal on every user profile beside the profile picture.
Note: Users are directed to their respective user profiles after they log in. The goal is one of the first things they see.
How many hours should you goal for?
It depends on your programme. We recommend 48 hours for youth volunteers while 8 hours for employees.
If you need help structuring your programme, let us know by sending us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.