Reporting on your Opportunity
After your opportunity is over, we know that you’d probably want to sit back, relax and congratulate yourself. You’ve put in all the hard work, after all. But it’s not over until you report all your hard work!
[If you are on a paid platform] Reporting on your opportunity is a vital step towards letting your organisation and superiors know what you’ve been doing and how it’s going. It’s also the only way you can paid. No reports, no payouts.
What you need to complete your report:
- 10-30 minutes after your event
- A computer, phone or tablet with access to internet to access the report
- Your filled out attendance registers, scanned (click to read about how to upload scanned registers)
- The link to the Reporting page. (instructions below)
Finding the Reporting Page:
Method 1: Email Reminder
Method 2: From the Platform...then scroll towards the bottom of the Organisation’s Quick Stats page and click on the Opportunity that you are reporting on (see example table below)
Log into the platform, click on Organisations and find the organisation with your opportunity. Click [Manage] (on the right hand side).
...and click on the opportunity you're reporting on and click which appears in the management area of your screen (on the left hand side). This is the screen you'll be taken to, below:
If your event is recurring, once you click [Do Reporting], you will be asked to select the specific opportunity you are reporting on. Pick the opportunity with the date that matches the event you are reporting on. You can only report on opportunities that have happened already.
Completing the Report: Step-by-Step
involves three main tasks to get to your downloadable report:
- here you must select the name of the administrator/ambassador who will be completing the report (usually You if you are reading this article). This lets us know that a verified person is completing the report.
- uploading your scanned attendance register and add the names and ratings of every individual who attended the opportunity. If you had a lot of people there you may want to do Bulk Attendance Reporting. here is where you tell us who exactly came to the opportunity and how they did by
- here you tell us what the successes and issues with the opportunity were. Make sure your comments will be understood by whoever will be reading the report. Avoid using slang (keep it professional). You may use your home language too. –
What it looks like on the platform:1. "Validation"Select the name of the administrator who is completing the report from the drop-down box. You will be automatically redirected to Step 2: Attendance.
When you're done recording attendance,as well as the issues and successes of your opportunity, you can convert your online report into a PDF for printing, saving and sending to other people who need to see it. Click the [Download Report] button on the management panel (see below)
...and this will convert your report into a downloadable PDF (shown below) that you can print for your supervisor or own records. It will be pre-populated with the information you've already reported on above.
This (below) will load the feedback your volunteers have provided about the opportunity. If you see no feedback, you can send all participants a reminder to fill out their ratings and comment on the opportunity. Read more about how to submit and collect feedback here. Volunteer feedback helps you learn about how your leadership and management, and is also essential for your RISE Score to reflect how well you’re doing as a committed opportunity administrator.