Becoming an Administrator for your Organisation
Your organisation has been added to the platform, and you would like to manage reporting. After you’ve emailed us (at email@example.com) to request management rights for you or another member of your organisation, you’ll be invited as an administrator.
- Check your email. You would have received an administrative invitation (also check your junk or spam folders in case our mail ended up there). If you cannot find the email, try searching for it in by typing [from:platform] into the search bar.
- Click the link in the email. This will open up the platform homepage, where you will be asked to sign up.
- Don’t have an account? Sign up. Do this by clicking [I want to register] on the platform homepage. For more information on signing up an account, click here.
- Have an account? Log in. You will need to log in with the same method you used to sign up (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn or Email + Password).
- If you get lost, click the Activation Link in your email. You’ll be connected to your organisation and be able to manage it from there.
Note: If you need to add someone else in your organisation to be added as Administrator to manage your activities, click here.
Update your Organisation’s Details
Note: Collecting the contact details of the organisation is very important, you'll need to add these to the platform when you add the organisation
After you’ve created your account and logged in, make sure your organisation’s details have been correctly added to the platform. To edit the details:
- Go to the Organisations page and search for your Organisation’s name.
- Click on the organisation’s name or the [Manage] button on the right-hand side of the screen. The Organisation’s dashboard will pop up.
- On the right-hand side of the organisation’s dashboard, click the [Edit Profile] button. Here you can update or correct information information about your organisation.
Then fill out all the details of your organisation (shown below). Address and organisation's focus areas are most important.
Key activities in managing your uploaded organisation
- Add an Opportunity Administrator. By adding other people as administrators of your organisation, you’ll be able to delegate the management and reporting to the relevant people in your organisation. Find out how to add an Opportunity Administrator here.
- Add subscribers (your volunteers or existing database) to your organisation's profile. Existing members and databases can be added easily to your organisation, so that the networks you’ve already worked hard to build will be notified of new opportunities posted by you or other Opportunity Administrators. Find out how to add Subscribers to your Organisation here. If your organisation is looking to grow its network of subscribers, please read this helpful guide on growing your network.
- Add your first Opportunity. Create your Organisation’s first activity/event/programme by following this guide. In future, you can also add opportunities directly from your profile using the Quick Add feature.
- Manage your organisation, opportunities and participants in one place. Refer to these guides for further steps on managing your subscribers, managing opportunities, or kickstarting a campaign.
What else is there to do now that you’re an Administrator?
Now that you’re an Administrator, you can add subscribers to your organisation; add and manage opportunities and build your volunteering network according to your organisation’s needs.
These guides will help you:
- Understanding the Terminology
- Adding and Managing Your Volunteer Network
- Managing and Editing Opportunities
- Reporting on Opportunities
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article