Get your Network into The Social Collective
Run a campaign!
- Learn what a campaign is
- Learn how to create a campaign that makes your network active on The Social Collective
- Know the best practices in communicating a campaign
- Get tips on how to share your campaign online
What is a campaign?
A campaign is a programme, event, or volunteer opportunity promoted to your networks with the goal of attracting more participants and growing the support for your organisation.
Campaigns can be one-time events, or regular events — be it daily, weekly, or monthly — depending on how often you need to recruit people.
How to create a campaign that gets your network active on The Social Collective?
- Decide on the goals you want to achieve.
- List these as outcomes when posting your opportunity
- Examples of important goals:
- Load all your meetings/sessions/opportunities
- Complete opportunity reports on time
- Help other users do their reporting
- Upload stories
- Use hello.link to search for support and tips on using the platform
- Choose a reasonable start and end date.
- Choose a date that you yourself can handle.
- Two weeks to a month is a good time frame.
- Make sure your target groups receive the important resources needed to achieve their goals.
Best Practices in Communicating a Campaign
- The key to a successful recruitment campaign is clarity. Be clear about the reasons why you are looking for volunteers.
- Focus on what the participant gains, rather than what the organisation is looking for. Offer incentives like data, airtime, or smartphones (if you can arrange this).
- Craft an informative, catchy, and short title.
- Communicate the benefits of the RISE Score as an indicator of their social employability accomplishments.
Get Exposure Online
We live in a digital world. Getting your campaign online and sharing it via social media would expose your campaign to a large audience.
Tips on sharing your campaign online:
- Share your thoughts. Though your friends and families would see what you shared, it would still be beneficial to read your thoughts about the campaign.
- Avoid spamming.
- Tag people already in your network so their friends and families can see the campaign too.