Like your organisation has different members for different jobs, your platform has different functions for specific features.
NOTE: Only Super Admins are able to see the full user role and permission setting, due to our information security policy.
Keep in mind any of these roles are automated based on actions of the users. Security standard are build into the application. We recommend you review your Moderation setting.
User Roles and Permissions
The platform automatically assigns and updates user roles as the user work through the platform, limit access to only what that users need to be able to access to do their job effectively.
The different platform roles include:
- Visitor (view public content only)
- Users (view public content only, and have a profile)
- Opportunity Administrator (have edit rights over an volunteer opportunity and the volunteers connected to that opportunity or organisation [for which the opportunity falls under])
- Organisations Administrators (have right to manage volunteers [including profiles], all opportunities under that specific organisation(s))
- Super Admins (platform setting edit ability, moderation ability, all on the above)
Users Tags to Manage Volunteers and Users
Tags are used to manage your community (to group all your users) and to not effect administrative privileges. Depending on how your team is organised, Administrators can assign user roles and use tagging to further define users.
More Details on the Roles
Here is a description of who's who on the platform and what functions they can perform.
Who is this
A user who represents the client and can view all the data on the platform
What they do
|Administrators||A user with privileged over certain organisations
|Ambassadors (Opportunity Administrator)|| A user who has limited rights for an opportunity
|Users||A user who has created an account. (aka: Participant, Subscriber)
|Visitors||Someone who is not logged into the platform
Change of Roles
To request a user-role change for one of your users, please email us (by creating a ticket) with the subject line "Request for User Role change for [name of your platform]". Provide us with the name and email address of the person whose role we need to change, and an explanation of why you think they have the wrong user status.
Full Access and view of the various user permissions is only available to customers. Below is a profile of what can be found [by SuperAdmins] in the "/settings" Panel.